Flourless Chocolate Cake


To me Valentines Day is just another day. If my family is with me then every day is Valentines Day. I don’t understand the fuss over not receiving gifts from husbands and boyfriends on this day. It’s beyond me. It just is!! Anyways that’s how I am. So how did I celebrate Valentines Day this year? Well, I baked a cake and my 2 kids, my husband and I enjoyed it’s chocolaty goodness. 
I came across a nice gluten-free Chocolate Cake recipe and I made it immediately. Well all I can say is that it didn’t last the night. Is a fairly quick cake and can be made at a short notice. A thick layer of chocolate ganache makes it even more tempting. 
Here’s how it’s made..


1 cup chocolate + 1/2 cup butter
Melt on double boiler or microwave.
Add 3/4 cups of granulated sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1tsp vanilla essence.
Mix well with spatula
Slightly whisk 3 eggs and add in the batter. Mix well. 
Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix. 
Grease an 8” round tin. Place parchment paper on the bottom of the tin and grease the paper as well. 
Pour the batter in it. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins. 
Once done, cool it completely. 
Carefully flip it out on a serving plate. Bottom side on top. Remove parchment paper. 
To prepare ganache, take 1 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup cream in a bowl. Microwave it for 30 secs, mix well and again microwave for 30 secs. Mix well till it looks like a sauce. 
Pour the ganache over the cooled cake. Spread it evenly with a spatula. Refrigerate so that the ganache sets. 
Sprinkle some icing sugar on top before serving.

Comments