Almond, Dates and Oats Bites



I love sweets. Anyone who is following this blog would have guessed so by now. Almost all the recipes posted here are sweet. 
During my first pregnancy I had a terrible time because I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was told to stay away from sugary stuff. I missed my post meal sweet delights until my father-in-law bought me a box of anjeer(fig) barfi. Dried figs are very high in fibre and hence it's good for diabetics. Some more research brought me to dates. 
Dates have high natural sugars but actually have a low glycemic index. So they don't increase the blood sugar level and are a great sugar substitute for diabetics. 
It was then that I came across this recipe. It was just what I needed for my sweet cravings. All the other ingredients are easily available at home. Almonds and Oats don't need any introduction as health foods. It's an easy and quick recipe. 
Now that my blood sugar level is back to normal I prefer to start my day with one of these bites.

Ingredients:
Seedless Dates - 50 g
Oats - 50 g
Almonds - 50 g
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Water - 4 tsp

Method:
1. In a blender, churn the oats and almonds till it becomes a smooth powder.
2. Add cinnamon powder and dates and blend till all of it mixes well.
3. Add water one teaspoon at a time till the mixture comes together.
4. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Shape the mixture into balls of same size.
6. Keep the bites in refrigerator.

Comments