Palak Paneer


Palak Paneer is my all time favourite. Thankfully my kids like it as much ๐Ÿ˜. For me it’s one of the easier dishes to make. The preparation time is less and so is the cooking time. 
As I’ve mentioned in my previous post that I am living with limited kitchen items. I have bought only some very basic masalas like coriander powder, red chilli powder and have used only those in preparing this dish. I didn’t have any fresh cream at home so that’s missing but it tastes as good as a dhaba vala Palak paneer. 

Ingredients:

Spinach - 2 cups blanched and puried 
Cottage cheese ( Paneer) - 200 gm
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Tomato - 1 chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp

Method: 
1. Wash Palak nicely and blanch it. Once cooled churn it in a grinder. 
2. In a pan, heat oil, add onions and ginger garlic paste and fry the onions till they turn pink.
3. Add in the tomatoes and cook till it leaves oil. 
4. Add in the coriander powder, red chilli powder and  cumin powder. Let the spices cook for 2 mins.
5. Put in the spinach purรฉe. Mix well. Add the salt.
6. Cut paneer in cubes and add them in.
7. Give it a boil. Add sugar, mix and turn off the flame.

Comments