Almond and Cashew Butter


My younger one says I’ve put stones in the kheer so he won’t eat it. Stones!! That’s what nuts are for him. So I’ve tried to come up with ways to make these ‘stones’ enter his tiny tummy. One of which is the Cashew and Almond Butter. It can be spread on a toast or mixed with his favourite sandwich spread and go inside a sandwich. 
It’s definitely a healthier version of the regular butter. I suggest to switch to this and eat healthy and stay healthy!

The process is fairly easy. Take some almonds and cashews and throw them in a food processor. Pulse it till it grinds. Then add a couple of teaspoons of oil ( I used olive oil). Pulse it for good 12-15 mins while stopping in between to give the machine some rest. Pulse till it comes to a fine paste stage. Bottle it and store in refrigerator. 

Comments