Air-Fried Kurkuri Bhindi



Bhindi is everyone’s favourite. I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t like it. When I was a kid, during the summer vacations the job of cutting Bhindi would be given to me. I loved doing that. My favourite meal still is arhar dal, Bhindi and chapattis. 
Kurkuri bhindi is a versatile dish. It can be served as a side with the main meal or as I like it more, just as a snack. Trust me however you serve it, it will vanish in no time. Cooking it in the air-fryer ensures usage of very little oil. The taste remains the same. 


Bhindi - 250 gm
Curd - 1 tbsp
Besan - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp

  1. Wash and dry the Bhindi. Preferably let them dry for some time so that no moisture is left. 
  2. Cut the Bhindi longitudinally. One Bhindi into 4 pieces. 
  3. Mix curd, besan, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala in a bowl. 
  4. Coat the Bhindi strips in the above masala.
  5. Pour oil over the masala covered Bhindi and mix well. 
  6. Pre-heat the air fryer for 7 minutes at 180 degrees.
  7. Put half of the bhindi on the wire mesh, spreading it to cover the mesh. Try not to overlap. 
  8. Cook for 9 minutes, tossing it at 3 minute intervals. Make sure to check or it will burn. The time may vary according to voltage.
  9. Once done, remove in a plate.
  10. In the same manner cook the rest of the bhindi. 


Comments