Banana and Chocolate Chips Loaf



I’ve heard and seen a lot of people just throwing away over ripe bananas. Well I don’t. I use them in my cakes and muffins. 
This time I had a couple of over ripe bananas and a newly bought loaf tin. So couldn’t think of a better thing to do than make a loaf cake. To make it more interesting I’ve added some cinnamon and chocolates chips in the batter. I baked it at a low temperature so that I could get a nice crust on the top although that’s optional. You could also just bake it at 180 degrees for 30 mins.
Enjoy this loaf cake with hot coffee! 

Ingredients:

Oil - 100ml
Brown Sugar - 250g
Eggs - 3
Flour - 225g
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Baking Powder- 1.5 tsp
Bananas - 3 (mashed)
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp 
Chocolate Chips - 1 tbsp (add more if you wish)

Method:

1. Grease a loaf tin and line it with parchment paper.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees.
3. In a mixing bowl, using a hand blender, mix brown sugar and oil.
4. Add eggs one by one mixing well after each addition. 
5. Add the vanilla Essence and cinnamon powder.
6. Sift together the flour and baking powder and gradually add it in the batter mixing well after each addition.
7. Fold in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
8. Pour the batter in the prepared tin and tap it on the table to burst any air bubbles.
9. Bake in the preheated oven at 170 degrees for 40 mins.

Comments